Friends

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

China Glaze - Luna


Natural Lighting - 1 coat of Luna over 2 coats of I Vant to be A-Lone Star


Another amazing polish I found at Head 2 Toe Beauty was China Glaze Luna!! It caught my eye with it's gorgeous holographic glitter. Have you guys noticed a pattern? Hehe! I love holos!!! Any & all!!

This color is icy blue with tiny silver glitter throughout it. Then placed in that are the tiny hexagon holographic pieces of glitter. It really reminds me of a blue version of OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry line. Teenage dream has more holo, but the idea is the same ;-)

I used a base of OPI I Vant to be A-Lone Star. This blue is slightly lighter than China Glaze Sea Spray. I love the light sheen IVTBALS has! It is so beautiful.

 


2 Coats - I Vant to be A-Lone Star
Had I been wearing this polish by itself, I would have probably did a third coat, as you can see a few spots that aren't covered as well.  I knew I would be layering, so I stuck with two :-)




Together, the two complimented each other very well!! I received a lot of comments from friends and co-workers that they like my nails! That makes me think it was a winner!!






 




I did notice my left hand had a tad more glitter on it (I think I bumped it and tried to correct it). I personally liked the single coat because it made it less obvious I was wearing glitter, but was very subtle if the light hit it. I would have redid my couple of nails, but it was very late! Lol ;-)


The ring finger looks like a lot more glitter because I tried to touch it up!



 

My office fluorescent lights


Natural lighting
 

I also had a my girlfriend over last night to paint nails!!! It was SO great to catch up. Having girl time is so very important. We got to chat & paint...my two favorite things!! Lol she loved the Zoya Marley & OPI Teenage Dream combo I did a long time ago, so she started painting and I did her tape combo part :-) I hope she loved it!! She did keep staring at her nails, hehe!!

 



1 Coat of Teenage Dream over 2 coats of Marley!







I hope you enjoyed the combos!!!

Much Love,
Crystal

7 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Such beautiful sparkly manis, lol!!! Love the tape one especially. Really pretty and delicate. Glad you had some girl time ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marisa!!! ;-) me too! and yes, love that combo with the tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ChG Luna and it's still among my untrieds. You have made me want to make this my next mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Donna! That is so sweet!! ;-) I hope you love it as much as I do! Feel free to post pics on my Facebook page, Crystals Crazy Combos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you use for the tape? How do you do that combo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love those colors together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for leaving me a comment about your diagonal glitters - I absolutely hate when Pinterest doesn't have the right source. I'll be sure to update it on Pinterest to for future repins :)

    ReplyDelete