Friends

Thursday, November 29, 2012

LynBDesigns - Top Hats and Scottie Dogs Collection - Part 1


Hello Everyone!! Today I have part one of a gorgeous collection by LynBDesigns!!  This collection is called "Top Hats and Scottie Dogs" based on Monopoly!! SO fun, right!?  Be warned, this post is crazy long - but worth it in my opinion!!!  PS - how much do you love the name of the collection? hehe

Mr. CC and I just recently played a game while he was in the hospital last month, haha :-)

  
As you can see, he only has $1 left haha :-D  Maybe I should have let him win because he was sick? Nah!

The owner of LynBDesigns, Jenna, has some background as to why she created this collection!
"It's a tradition in my house to play Monopoly every year during the Holidays. We have vicious battles that sometimes end in tears. We have high stakes games that take hours on end to play, and we've even combined two boards to create the perfect frankened game."
I love it!  I want to come over and play please!!  I was lucky Mr. CC even agreed to play with me!  We used to have some friends over and play, but life is busy.  I'm really thinking I need to get everyone over to play now!  I'm intrigued by this frankened game!! ;-)

These are available to purchase from LynBDesigns on Etsy.  She has so many beautiful polishes!! If you see one here that you are looking for in particular, you can easily search the name in her shop.  She has over 200 items in her shop!  I recommend checking it out.  PLUS she is having a $5 sale in appreciation of her fans! WITH FREE SHIPPING (to the US, but I'm not sure about International - sorry!)  I don't think I've ever seen anything like this...I definitely bought some with this deal!  Also, please make sure to check out her Facebook!

First up we have The Banker!


Jenna says: The Banker rules it all, he gives out deeds when you buy a property, and he lords the money over you. I say he because in my house it usually winds up being my dad. I've tried being the banker and then I usually forget that I'm the one in charge. Any who, back to the polish, it's a shimmery white bade loaded with multi-colored shreds and and multi-colored satin hexes. It's gorgeous and really looks like a party on your nails.


I used 2 coats for this mani and topped with Wicked Fast by Cult Nails.  Since it has a frosted, sheer base, you can really see the glitters through it!  It kind of reminds me of a box of crayons!  I absolutely love the glitter and shards in this one!  It's a rainbow of color!



So since it is sheer, I thought I would show it layered as well!  The white is 2 coats of Orly Au Champagne and the ring finger accent is 2 coats of Electric Company, all with one coat of The Banker and topped with Seche Vite.


I bet it would look completely different over a black base too!  I really love how the white makes it stand out!



Next we have Ride the Rails!


Jenna says: Ride the rails is an homage to my favorite monopoly the rail roads. I love to get all four of them, when I do, I tend to rule the game. It's a black sheer base with blue, pink, and all other sorts of glitters. It's simply stunning.


I'm not sure why the first couple of pictures didn't show the shine.  I used 2 coats of Ride the Rails and topped with Diamont by Nubar.


What can I say?  This polish is seriously awesome.  Not only are the colors beautiful, but the sparkle and shine!  It is so hard to capture but this is certainly a favorite of mine!  I think the blue glitters might be dominant, but then there was times I would look and see more of the pink or gold glitters!  I think this would be another fun one to layer!




Yummy close up!


Next we have Electric Company!


Jenna says: Electric Company is a hot pink color loaded with golden shimmer. It's opaque in three coats and looks amazing on the nails. So so pretty.


This color is gorgeous!!  I used 2 coats with Wicked Fast top coat.  I do recommend a good base (or even two coats), as the pink left a hint of color after removal.  However, I easily brushed my nails with a nail brush and my nails are not stained.


The gold shimmer in this is perfect!  It really compliments the coral color.



Close up!


Next we have Luxury Tax!  I am in love with how it reflects on the board!!


Jenna says: Luxury tax, one of the spaces we all hate landing on. My goal was to create a polish that embodied luxury, and here it is. A gorgeous gold and silver holographic glitter bomb. My mom who hates glitter polish has had this on her nails for three manicures in a row.



This gold/silver holo glitter is SO cool!!! In the bottle, it makes me drool to stare at it! haha SO shiny.  I layered 1 coat over Electric Company and topped with Seche Vite.


See!?! I told you...look at this bottle...



Close up!


And last but not least, we have Take a Chance!


Jenna says: I do love taking a chance, in Monopoly. This polish is a shimmery orange color that is color shifting. It stays in the warm side of things and changes from orange to a peachy color to a more yellow color. Again, very hard to photograph, but stunning nonetheless. I personally have worn this color three times since I made it. It's that awesome.


I am not usually an orange fan!  However, this polish changes my mind.  It might be because it has these amazing flecks in it (below is a bit blurred and you can see them), or because it has this duochrome effect to it - that I did not expect!  It has hints of pink and also gold!


I used only 1 coat.  Yes, you heard me.  Pretty fantastic right?  I topped with Wicked Fast top coat.


This angle shows it a bit more gold.


And here you can really see it!!


Yummy close up!  See the flecks?

 
 
Ok, if you made it through the whole post, congrats! lol  I know it was a long one, but hopefully you enjoyed it!  Again, if you liked any of these, I recommend buying now with the $5 sale at LynBDesigns! 
 
I hope you have a great day!!!
 
Much Love,
Crystal
 
 
 
*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are that of my own.*

3 comments:

  1. Hii!! Such a cool review!! loved it! Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I think Luxury Tax has to be my favorite in this bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way u photograph the bottle against the game board, really pretty and glad to see Mr CC doing well hehe
    LynB doesnt ship international so :( too bad for me hehe

    ReplyDelete